Friday, January 10, 2014

On the Verge

I don't have anything in particular to write about today...but I'm going to write anyway. Because I want to.  So there!
Because of weather issues, the kids started school one hour late today.  Oh my Goodness! They were so ready to get out of the house this morning.  The combination of the holiday break, weather too cold for being outside much, and an inclement weather day two days after returning from break has left my children with heaps of pent up energy.  I'm concerned for their teachers today...
I think I know how a little of how my children feel.  I've had a stirring in my spirit lately that I am on the verge of great things.  Big changes, for me personally and our family as a whole.  So much that I have been cleaning out the kids' rooms and organizing cabinets. What is up with that??
 I have also felt a longing to spend more time in the Word and in prayer.  I want to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and make sure it's His leading I'm following in new directions. New things sometimes involve moving out of our comfort zone a little bit.  I know that will be a part of it.  And I want the presence of Jesus to be with me more than ever.  More than anything I want to be a light for HIm, so He receives the glory, through whatever new things or changes He brings into my life.
What about you?  Are you feeling stirred to move toward or away from something?

No comments:

Post a Comment